Monday, 2 March 2009



I have dabbled with many periods, Ancients of course, Medieval, Pike and Shot, ACW and as seen above, Fantasy. I have also gamed most of these periods with a Naval bent.......did I say bent....oh those far off Navy days.

I had better mention Napoleonics, my mentor would never forgive me, else. For more years than I care to remember I have had a love/hate relationship with the genre.

For many years I would take my holidays at the Wargame Holiday Centre in Yorkshire although of late failing health has meant being unable to attend as much as I might like. If you are reading this, are an avid wargamer and Napoleonic fan, dont know me and have never been to the WHC, I URGE you to go, at least once. Yes, its expensive but believe you me, once tried you'll want to keep going back....even if it means re-mortgaging your house.

Back to Napoleonics and me.......give me some Infantry and a Battery and I'll hold until relieved.....give me Cavalry and a red mist descends................some people will never trust me with Cavalry ever again.

My greatest problem as many of my friends will attest, is my tendency to argue loudly over some minor point of the rules. Although I can hear the voice in the back of my head trying desperately to get me to stop, my inborn stupidity wont be subborned and on it goes, louder and longer, steamrollering over that hopeless protest. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to my long suffering friends for my many years of yelling and sulking.

No comments:

Post a Comment